I am quite excited. I’ve finished my very first, completely designed from scratch, by me, knitting project. Starry Moony Night is very far from perfect (in fact I’m really unhappy with how the collar/shoulders turned out) but it is my first one of my own! And the best thing is…it actually fits the person it was intended for. Perfectly.
Here are some photos of the unwilling model…
I’m going to try it again with a different collar and without the shoulder button placket I think. It was very hard to work out how to do that and I didn’t get it right at all. I ended up improvising by sloping the collar at the shoulder placket side but it just looks uneven. Maybe a front button placket would work better next time.
And yes, I had to bribe the wee man with chocolate to get him to model for me. He knows what he’s doing.
After more than 2 years with no mirror in our bathroom, I finally made one. We just couldn’t find one that was right. So I had a go at mosaics, which I’ve never tried before. I got a cake base board for the back, a circular mirror online and some cheap tiles which I happily smashed up with a hammer.
And viola! We have a bathroom mirror at last!
I promise my next post will be about knitting…
It has taken months and lots of hard work, but we finally have a finished bedroom that is actually a pleasure to sleep in. The Big Man had to level the floor, take out the window and door frame and make new ones and we had to get the walls and ceilings plastered before we could even begin to think about decorating.
Here are a couple of before pictures…
And yes, I have been going to bed a little bit earlier just to enjoy it.