I am quite excited. I’ve finished my very first, completely designed from scratch, by me, knitting project. Starry Moony Night is very far from perfect (in fact I’m really unhappy with how the collar/shoulders turned out) but it is my first one of my own! And the best thing is…it actually fits the person it was intended for. Perfectly.
Here are some photos of the unwilling model…
I’m going to try it again with a different collar and without the shoulder button placket I think. It was very hard to work out how to do that and I didn’t get it right at all. I ended up improvising by sloping the collar at the shoulder placket side but it just looks uneven. Maybe a front button placket would work better next time.
And yes, I had to bribe the wee man with chocolate to get him to model for me. He knows what he’s doing.