I’ve been experimenting with making a few things with air drying clay recently. This started because I wanted a little dish for my bedside table to put little bits in like hair bands and jewellery. So I made a dish and a tea light holder and a little fox brooch.
They are a bit rough and ready (and cracked and wonky…) but I don’t mind that. They’re just for me and they make me happy.
Dish and fox brooch
Hopefully the cracks in the tea light holder will disappear once it has a lit tea light in it!
I’m having a knitting problem. Too many projects…too little time. This isn’t a new problem but I don’t think I’ve ever had so many designs on the go before.
I’ve almost finished a couple of simple wee ones…
This is a headband – only problem – I might have to find a neater way to do the edges. It looks fine when it’s on a head but a bit wavy when off…
Here is my latest wrist warmer design – also almost done:
There were two reasons this design was left for a bit – I ran out of one of the colours and couldn’t find my tapestry needle for weaving in the ends!
Next is a design for a spring/summer top so I’ve got a bit of time to finish that:
I’m almost done with a more wintery top in yummy chunky undyed wool:
I’ve either got to finish it pronto or keep it on the backburner until Autumn. This one was left for a bit because I needed more wool for it and it wasn’t cheap…
And last but most importantly I’ve started designing something specially for my Mum who is very unwell at the moment. I’m hoping to finish it soon and sell the pattern through Just Giving to raise money for Cancer Research UK. It’s a scarf/shawl knit on the bias:
Hopefully I can finish at least a couple of these over the weekend and I won’t feel like I’ve got quite so many balls (of wool) in the air!
I’ve never tried to make a journal before but I have fancied trying it now and then.
An opportunity arose last week when I had to think of something to give a work colleague who is leaving to go travelling. So, I got some supplies together and made her a travel journal as a leaving gift.
I started with two stiff card covers which I punched holes in, then trimmed some lined card inserts to make the main body of the journal. Then I added some cut up travel-style paper which I bought from the craft shop throughout, as well as a folded up vintage map and some small envelopes for keepsakes. The longest job was embroidering the front. Then I bound the whole thing together with twine and a toggle and added a ribbon as a marker. Here is the end result…
If I were 20 years younger I might make one for myself…
After not managing to create any Christmas card kits in time for Christmas, I was determined to do a Valentine one. Then it struck me last week that it was only a few weeks until Valentine’s day and I hadn’t even come up with a card idea yet. So, I got my thinking cap on and my pencil out and I managed to design, make and list a new card kit it just 5 days. (It may have actually taken me a day or two less if it hadn’t been for the pesky cloudy skies scuppering my photos…) Phew.
And here is my newest Etsy listing…
If you feel like giving card embroidery a go (and I heartily recommend it – it’s so satisfying) you can find the kit here…Boo and the Moon.
I have a friend. A good friend. I haven’t seen her since my wedding in 2007. She lives in Madrid and she just had her first child. I wish I could be there for cuddles and baby chat. But I can’t. So, I made a wee bib for the new little man in my friend’s life. Here it is.
and after such a quick, easy project, I still had some sewing left in me, so I sewed a card too…
The lovely bib pattern was from The Purl Bee and the card was just made up by me.